- State's defense was solid throughout the night, which was nice to see. However, Ryan Harrow and Javi Gonzalez both were beat off the dribble a few times.
- DeShawn Painter played a fantastic game on both ends of the court.
- Lorenzo Brown was outstanding. He is incredibly smooth and plays more like a senior than a freshman. He has great vision and passing abilities.
- Once Harrow got going, he was a production machine. I love that he can create so well for others and does not turn the ball over (10 assists, 2 turnovers last night). Harrow not only knows how to pass, but when.
- C.J. Leslie really struggled and forced things, but just as Leslie did against Tennessee Tech, Richard Howell gave the Pack what it needed at the four.
- It was a quietly productive night for C.J. Williams, recording 10 points in 15 minutes on 5-5 shooting. That is exactly what State needs from him- efficient production off the bench.
George Mason is up next, and will be a test for the Wolfpack. Mason is capable of winning their league and has a lot of experienced players. State better be ready for a battle tonight.